- Definition of Terms
- Collection of Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Your Choices and Your Rights
- How to Contact Us
“GROUPAUTO”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Group Auto Union Uk & Ireland Ltd.
“Websites” or “sites” refers to any of our online sites or applications, such as .
“Services” refers to the provision of our business services, including any internal systems, public websites, eCommerce applications, or online help and contact tools.
“Personal Information” means information which relates to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly from the information.
“EEA” means the European Economic Area.
Information we collect
Information we collect automatically when you use the services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by GROUPAUTO and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- investigate and prevent unauthorised use of our Services, fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities;
- 個性化,提高服務和提供content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- process and deliver competition entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
GROUPAUTO is registered in the United Kingdom and also has subsidiaries registered in the United Kingdom, France and Germany. The information we collect is governed by European law and the national laws relevant to the registered subsidiary. As part of the provision of our Services, your personal information may be sent to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area. Where it is transferred outside the European Economic Area, we will attain sufficient guarantees from third parties to ensure that your personal information continues to be protected to the standards set out in this policy.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on a number of legal bases when processing your personal information.
- selling and supplying our goods and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services via our websites and applications;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers; and
Where we rely on consent in order to process your personal information (for example, to contact non-account holders regarding their competition entries) we ensure that consent is collected appropriately.
We will never pass your personal information to anyone else, with the exception of our trusted partners, unless we have your express consent, or where we have a legal obligation to do so. Trusted partners are organisations that process data on our behalf to fulfil contracted partnerships that enable the provision of our Services, or as part of our commitment to improve our online services. Where we use third parties to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have sufficient measures in place to safeguard your personal information.
You may contact us using the details at the bottom of the page to request a list of our trusted partners.
我通過互聯網的傳播信息s not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites or Services. However, we adopt technical and organisational measures which follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We frequently carry out manual and automated security checks to make sure our measures ensure the highest level of security, and continually look to improve the technical and organisational security measures that are in place.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
You may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances. Where these apply, we will comply with your request unless it is necessary for us to not do so in order to defend a legal claim or where there are overriding legitimate grounds for not doing so or if it is necessary for us not to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation.
You may also have the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information.
To exercise any of these rights or should you wish us to transmit your personal information to someone else, please contact us using the details listed at the bottom of this page.
At GROUPAUTO, cookies are used to help us understand which pages of our websites are being used. This information allows us to make improvements to the sites and to tailor them to the individual needs and preferences of our customers. You are able to disable or remove the cookies from your computer at any time, although please note that some parts of this website may not function properly if you disable cookies.
We use the following three types of cookie on our sites:
- 分析餅幹that anonymously collect information about how visitors use our websites. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us understand how our customers use the website so we can make improvements.
- Personalisation cookiesthat anonymously collect information about how visitors use our websites. We may use this information to provide product recommendations and content that might be of interest to you.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, technical, support or administrative messages, previous purchases or our ongoing business relations, in order that we can continue to fulfil our Service obligations.
If you raise a complaint and are unhappy with the response that you receive from us, you have a right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority for data protection, the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office